From the eBook - Fifth edition.
Defining the structure of culture
How to define culture in general
How to describe and analyze the three levels of culture
A young and growing u.s. engineering organization
A mature swiss-german chemical organization
A developmental government organization in singapore
What leaders need to know about macro cultures
Dimensions of the macro cultural context
A focused way of working with macro cultures
Culture and leadership through stages of growth
How culture begins and the role of the founder of organizations
How external adaptation and internal integration become culture
How leaders embed and transmit culture
The culture dynamics of organizational growth, maturity and decline
Natural and guided cultural evolution
Assessing culture and leading planned change
The diagnostic/quantitative approach to assessment and planned change
The dialogic qualitative culture assessment process
A model of change management and the change leader
The change leader as learner.
From the eBook - Fourth edition.
Part One: Organizational Culture and Leadership Defined
1. The Concept of Organizational Culture: Why Bother?
2. The Three Levels of Culture
3. Cultures in Organizations: Two Case Examples
4. Macrocultures, Subcultures, and Microcultures
Part Two: The Dimensions of Culture
5. Assumptions About External Adaptation Issues
6. Assumptions About Managing Internal Integration
7. Deeper Cultural Assumptions: What is Reality and Truth?
8. Deeper Cultural Assumptions: The Nature of Time and Space
9. Deeper Cultural Assumptions: Human Nature, Activity, and Relationships
10. Culture Typologies and Culture Surveys
11. Deciphering Organizational Cultures
Part Three: The Leadership Role in Building, Embedding, and Evolving Culture
12. How Culture Emerges in New Groups
13. How Founder/Leaders Create Organizational Cultures
14. How Leaders Embed and Transmit Culture
15. The Changing Role of Leadership in Organizational "Midlife"
16. What Leaders Need to Know About How Culture Changes
Part Four: How Leaders Can Manage Culture Change
17. A Conceptual Model for Managed Culture Change
18. Culture Assessment as Part of Managed Organizational Change
19. Illustrations of Organizational Culture Changes
Part Five: New Roles for Leaders and Leadership
20. The Learning Culture and the Learning Leader
21. Cultural Islands: Managing Multicultural Groups.